Next General Local Election: Saturday, October 15, 2022
You will vote on:
- 1 Mayor
- 4 Councillors
- 5 School Trustees
Visit the Election BC website to register for the General Municipal Election.
- Register to vote if you are 18 years or older and a Canadian Citizen (landed immigrants or permanent residents CANNOT register to vote)
- Update your voter information such as your residential or mailing address if you have moved or are new to Lions Bay
- Pre-register by adding your name to the Future Voters List if you are 16 or 17 years old
Nomination packages will be available at the front counter and on the website in July. Check back soon.
- Tuesday, August 22 – Last day to request omission of personal information from Voters List
- Wednesday, August 30 at 9 a.m. – Nomination period starts
- Friday, September 9 at 4 p.m. – Nomination period ends
- Friday, September 16 – Last day to withdraw as a candidate
- Saturday, September 17 – Election campaign period starts
- Saturday, October 8 – Advance voting opportunity
- Saturday, October 15 – General voting day and declaration of unofficial results
- Wednesday, October 19 – Declaration of official results
- Friday, January 13, 2023 – Deadline to file campaign financing disclosure statements to Elections BC
The Village of Lions Bay is responsible for conducting its own election.
Council appointed a Chief Election Officer to ensure the process is run in accordance with the Local Government Act - Part 3 and the Elections Bylaw.
Elections BC is responsible for managing campaign financing disclosure requirements and maintains the voter list for voter registration and information updates.