Forms & Applications

This page contains a list of commonly requested forms. Forms are available in Adobe PDF format. If you need a form that is not available on our website, let us know and we will try to make it available electronically.

To pay for permits, licenses, and passes you will need to visit the office and pay by cash or cheque. The Village does not accept debit or credit cards.

Health Declaration COVID-19 Form

This on-line form must be submitted by all patrons, employees and visitors on every occasion prior to entering a Village of Lions Bay. The health and well–being of our staff and community members is our priority. Thank you for complying with the guidelines stipulated by the Provincial Health Officer (PHO), to ensure a safe environment for all.

Please fill out, sign and send the form below by clicking the email link or emailing

Health Declaration Form

Council Delegation Request Form

Residents who wish to address Council for 10 minutes must pre-register and complete a Delegation Request Form. This form must be submitted by 12 p.m. the Thursday prior to a Regular Meeting of Council via email or at the Village Office.

Council Delegation Request Form

Tree Cutting Permit

Please review Trees, Views and Landscapes Bylaw No. 393, 2007, as amended, carefully to understand all of your obligations and responsibilities in submitting a Tree Cutting Permit Application (refer to schedules A, B, C & D). Once you have done so, click on the PDF fillable form below which can be printed and signed once complete. Hard copies are also available at the Village Office.

Please note that upon approval from Council, the applicant is required to provide a $500 damage deposit and proof that the arbourist/contractor is in good standing with Work Safe BC and maintains liability insurance in the amount of $5,000,000 in order to be issued a Tree Cutting Permit by the Village of Lions Bay.

Tree Cutting Permit Application

Freedom of Information Request Form

Those wishing to request documentation through the Village Office that is not available on the website must fill out a Freedom of Information Request Form as per the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act [RSBC 1996] Chapter 165.

Freedom of Information Request Form

FOI Requests should be emailed to

Boat Space Registration Form

Boat spaces are available to rent at Lions Bay Beach Park for small boat storage (canoes, kayaks and paddle boards.) Fees are $125 for a single space, if paid by March 31. $150 if paid after March 31, but before May 31. (after May 31, boat will be seized and removed) Larger boats may require 2 spaces.  Fees are due January 1st and are valid for that calendar year.

Upon payment, boat owners will receive a decal to be affixed to the boat.  Boat owners should insure that boats are securely attached with a lock to the boat racks as the Village does not assume any liability in renting the boat spaces.


Boat Space Registration Form

Dog License Application Form

Lions Bay dog licenses are required, by Animal Control Bylaw No. 461, 2014, for all dogs over the age of 6 months with a limit of 3 dogs permitted per home.  Dog licenses are available from the Village Office. License fees are $30 for spayed or neutered dogs and $60 for un-spayed or un-neutered dogs.  The license fee is due January 1st of each year and is valid for that calendar year. After February 28th, the fees increase to $45 for spayed or neutered dogs and $90 for un-spayed or un-neutered dogs.


Dog License Application Form


Dogs must be under the owner's direct control and leashed at all times while on public land.  This bylaw is enforced to protect residents and dogs.  Kelvin Grove Beach Park, Marjory Meadows and the trail from Soundview to Bayview Road have been designated as off-leash areas.

Dog owners are reminded that they must clean up after their dogs wherever they are in the Village.  Dog waste bags are available at various locations in the community and owners are requested to dispose of the waste in their household garbage; failure to do so is subject to fines.

Building Permit Application Form

A Building Permit is necessary to ensure zoning requirements and building safety standards (contained in the BC Building Code) are satisfied. The Building Inspector will review the application; costs associated are listed in the Fees and Charges Amendment Bylaw No. 490 under Schedule 2.

Building Permit Application Form

Lawn Sprinkling Permit Application Form

Water conservation levels are in effect from June 1 to September 30 every year. These conservation levels restrict the frequency and time of day during which residents may utilize municipal water for lawn sprinkling. The Village may authorize exemption permits in cases where the amount of water allowed would not be enough to keep your new lawn alive and you can apply for a lawn sprinkling permit if you are caring for your new lawn.

Lawn Sprinkling Permit Application Form

Board of Variance Application Form

The Board of Variance may, on a finding of hardship, grant relief to an applicant from complying with the strict terms of a zoning bylaw dictating setbacks from the property lines or restricting the permissible height of a building or structure. Council has a similar jurisdiction to grant variances. The Board of Variance meets as needed to consider applications. To apply for a variance you must submit a completed application form to the Village Office after which a meeting of the Board of Variance will be arranged. 

Board of Variance Application Form

Community Facility Rental Application

The Community Facility Rental Application is necessary either for a one time use or for regularly occurring programs. A submitted application does not assure a booking as each request is considered by a case-per-case basis. Included in the package are: Rental Application, Public Works Set-Up and Take-Down Request, Cleaning Guidlines, and the Facility Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims and Indemnity Agreement.


Rental insurance is required by all user groups in order to rent any of the Community Facilities. You can arrange this through your own provider or by clicking on the link provided below and follow the steps to purchase your insurance. You may choose the $2 million dollar option unless you will be serving alcohol, in which case you are required to select the $5 million dollar option.


In addition, your event may require proof of Special Event Permit (SEP) and Special Event Server (SES) Certificate and/or Food Safe Certificate. Please review the Village of Lions Bay Rentals Rentals Policy No. 1407 for further details and clarification.


COVID-19 UPDATE - October 25, 2021: There are no capacity restrictions on indoor organized gatherings. Proof of vaccination is required for organized gatherings with more than 50 people. Seats must be provided for all people at some indoor events with more than 50 people (see PHO guidelines link below). Masks are mandatory in all indoor spaces, and Proof of Vaccination Cards are mandatory for some indoor activities until January 31, 2022, subject to extension (see Proof of Vaccination Cards link below).


For more information on Proof of Vaccination Cards, click here. For more information on current PHO guidelines, click here.


Community Facility Rental Application Form 

Community Facility Insurance

Community Facility Rentals & Refunds and Cancellations Policies

Food Safe Application

Special Event Permit (SEP) and Special Event Server (SES) Certificate


Click here to review the BC Special Event Permit Manual. 

Agent Authorization Form

The Agent Authorization Form is necessary when the owner of a property requires an Authorized Agent to act on their behalf for the following items:
Development Applications

  • Building or Plumbing Permits
  • Engineering Permits
  • To view or copy Property Plans
  • Driveway Crossing Permits

Agent Authorization Form

Driveway Crossing Permit

In accordance with  Driveway Crossings Bylaw No. 521, 2017, anyone wishing to excavate, construct, reconstruct, replace, or improve a Driveway Crossing to their residence must apply for a permit from the Village of Lions Bay. 

Driveway Crossing Permit Application Form

Consent to Use of Image Form

Municipalities are mandated by the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPPA) to obtain signed consent from a person whose photo is to be used in any publications. This is applicable to adults and children and is mandatory under the Act.


Consent to Use of Image Form

Temporary Use Permits for Short Term Rentals

Zoning and Development Bylaw No. 520, 2017 (the Zoning Bylaw) prohibits Short Term Rentals (STRs) in all zones except where authorized under a Temporary Use Permit (TUP). Council has delegated the authority to grant TUPs to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), in accordance with Temporary Use Permits for Short Term Rentals Policy No. 1702. This policy and the applicable procedures regulate STRs so as to sustain the character of Lions Bay’s residential zones, to reduce nuisance from noise, parking and other aspects arising from STRs, and to influence the amount of short-term vs. long-term rental accommodation available in the community. If you wish to make a comment on someone else's application, please fill out the Applications Comment Form.


TUPs for STRs Policy No. 1702

TUP Application Form for STRs

TUP Signage Requirements

Insurance, Release and Indemnity Agreement

Use of Highway

In accordance with Fee Bylaw No. 497, 2016 Schedule 5, upon approval of Council, an office trailer, storage
container or other similar chattel reasonably required in respect of a building permit may be placed on a public
highway for a fee of $300 per month. Upon approval of the Public Works Manager, construction material, a
disposal bin or a moving container may be temporarily placed on a public highway for a fee of $35 per day.


Application to Permit Use of Highway

Filming Permit

Commercial Filming Policy No. 1902 requires that a permit be obtained by any person or company who wishes to engage in commercial photography, video, film or television within the Village of Lions Bay. News media are exempt from this requirement. Please see the Application Form and Template Letters in the list below and contact the Filming Liaison, Hayley Cook, at 604-921-9333, ext.4, or, if you have any questions.

Application Form

Neighbour Notice Letter (No Polling)

Neighbour Notice Letter (Polling) 

Neighbour Notice Letter (After approval - before filming)

Food Truck Application

Residents or Food Truck Owners who wish to apply for a Food Truck in the Village must fill out and submit this application for approval.


Food Truck Application