The 2019 Utility Notices were mailed out on March 1st.
Payments made by April 1st, 2019 will receive a prompt payment discount. The Utility payments are due by December 31st. Any oustanding balance as of Jan 1st, 2020 will become taxes in arrears and daily interest will be applied.
The fees paid cover services provided from January to December of this year.
The user fees included on your bill are for the provision of water, curbside pick up of garbage, recycling and organics and for properties in Kelvin Grove, sewer fees are also included.
If you do not receive a copy of your utility notice, please contact the Village Office.
All single family property owners are required to complete the Secondary Suite Declaration at the bottom of their utility notice. The declaration may also be completed online.
- Pay using most telephone or Internet banking services provided by banks and credit unions (does not include over-the-counter payments at the bank or automated teller machines - please check with your banking service). If paying by this process, ensure there is enough time for the bank to post the payment to the Village of Lions Bay before the deadline.
- In-person by cheque or cash at the Village Office: 400 Centre Rd, Lions Bay
- Mail or deliver a cheque to the Village Office early enough to be received before the deadline (post-dated cheques are acceptable).
- Deposit payment in the after hours drop box at the Village Office on or before the deadline.
- Credit Card - Currently the online payment portal is only accepting payments by credit card; this service is being provided by a third party provider; processing fees are remitted to this provider. The procesing fee is 2.5% of the total being paid.
- Financial Institutions do not pay utility fees with property tax payments. Taxpayers must pay their own Utility fees to avoid getting caught with paying a penalty.
- INTERAC payments cannot be accepted by the Village.