Our Recruitment is OPEN to external candidates for an undetermined period of time. See below for instructions on how to apply. We are looking forward to meeting the next group of volunteers!
Recruitment for Lions Bay homeowners is ALWAYS OPEN. Please contact us via “Contact” page if you would like to get involved in the fire department and your community. Homeowners do not necessarily need to meet the below requirements to apply.
Please download the below application and information package and submit it along with a resume / cover letter by emailing:
You will then be contacted by a recruitment officer if chosen to proceed further in the process. Thank you for your application!
If you have any questions about recruitment or Lions Bay Fire Rescue please contact our recruitment officer via the email above.
- Excellent training and experience in Fire ground Operations, Vehicle Rescue, Technical Rescue, Wildland firefighting, Medical, Hazmat, and other important aspects required from firefighters.Valuable skill sets and life skills.
- A state of the art training facility.
- A great feeling of giving back to the community.
- Successful completion of an approved Firefighter Training program resulting in a minimum of Firefighter Level 2 Certificate (NFPA1001)
- High School graduation.
- Physically fit for the position of Firefighter and medically fit according to the standards set in NFPA 1582.
- A valid Class 3 B.C. Driver’s License with Air Brake endorsement.
- Safe and responsible driving behaviour as demonstrated on a current driver’s abstract. More than 6 points in the last 3 years from the date of application will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Other aspects of your driving record will also be considered.
- First Responder Licence Level 3 OR Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) or greater
- No criminal convictions related to the job of Firefighter.
Due to the geographical location of Lions Bay, it produces many unique calls that require a rapid response and a large member turnout. We pride ourselves in being “Out the door” of the hall within 5 minutes of a call coming over the pager. Due to this, we require that:
- You be a resident of The Village of Lions Bay or move to Lions Bay once you have successfully completed the intake process.
- You sleep in Lions Bay five out of seven nights per week minimum.
- You are able to commit to one weekend “shift” per month (required to be in Lions Bay from 7:00 p.m. Friday to 5:00 a.m. Monday).
- You are able to commit to most training nights held every Wednesday.